Monday, August 13, 2007

Chemo 3/8



I just had my third chemotherapy session of eight. Miracle of miracles: no one vomiting or dry heaving in our earshot, and this time we got a nice private room with a work table. Once again, I found the strength to play Snake on my phone. I then discovered that the default Steven Hawking-like voice commands could be customized to say, for example, "ELEESA EES GRAY-EAT," and "JOE EES THMAAN."

Nurse L was back from vacation. She noted that my birthday was coming up soon. Yes, I told her, and my birthday has shown me the upside of having cancer. Although I still have another year, I was beginning to dread my 50th birthday. Now, when I hit that milestone, especially if I'm cancer-free, I'll celebrate like hell. I'm thinking a bottle of Veuve Clicquot in Paris. That sounds about right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, E -
Laurie B's sister here .... Add me to the list of people who are wishing you well (and, incidentally, people who have enjoyed your blog and several of your links). Also wishing you MANY happy returns of today.

Best,
Lisa

The Fifty Foot Blogger said...

Hi Lisa! thanks so much. I hope to visit the Bay area in the next year or so and say hello to you in person.